Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Mundane Stressors & Celeb Maid

I have been dream blog negligent for quite some time, therefore my dreams are less vivid and my dream memory is not quite as strong. Here are a few fragments from the last few nights. 


11-10-15 Monday night
Percy
I was lounging in my bed with my husband and Percy (one of my cats.). Percy was entertained by something on the ceiling of bedroom, staring wide-eyed, head cocked.   I asked my husband if a bug was on the ceiling.
 He looked up, squinted silently, and after a moment of staring he replied: "Yeah, there's a spider."  Then, elbow at his hip and finger pointed at the ceiling, he began muttering counting. "...And 68 cobwebs." 
'Ugh,' I thought, 'I know, I need to clean the ceilings.... '






The one before that...:


It is late at night, and I am rushing, with a group of acquaintances, to get to the airport. They feel less like friends and more like teammates or classmates. They're mostly clad in black with black leather jackets, but the aesthetic is less sinister and more metropolitan.

We are outdoors, but in an organized, institutional area with a shining asphalt parking lot reflecting the beams from the bright lights high overhead and long, silver moving walkways. We take large, loopy escalators that are shaped like repeating  letter "S"'s hooked end to end. There are at least half a dozen of them, side by side in rows. While riding, I'm speaking to an acquaintance about the most efficient escalator to take.

Once at the top, we see the illuminated airport looming ahead. I see the backs of my acquaintances heads, specifically for one of a blunt bob haircut in a dark purple color. It suddenly dawns on me that it is Tuesday. I'm still walking towards the airport when a slight panic moves over me as a flood of realizations washes in: I'm going to miss my parents getting into town. I'm going to miss Thanksgiving with my family. They'll understand because it's a chance to go to Europe... Right?




11-9-15 Sunday night
Usher
For some reason, I was Usher's new maid/PA. The only part I remember takes place in his large, white dressing room area. The floors were a pale marble and the ceilings were unnecessarily high. There wasn't much in the bright, open room, but there was a white desk stocked with snacks and a beverage set-up. 

He had asked me to make him tea. I headed to the desk with the beverage center, and attempted tea. The Keurog was similar to the one I use at home, but the tea packets were giving me a bit of a problem. Rather than the k-cups that u was familiar with, these resembled green and brown Crystal Light packets. How these translated to a Keurog was beyond me. 
Mekhi Phifer

He came over then, saying he'd help. He wasn't upset, though, as a subtle smirk crossed the corners of his mouth. He looked kind and humble, if slightly entertained.  I looked up from my fumbling a to realize that my employer was actually Mekhi Phifer.

Charles Michael Davis
 But in my dream, Mekhi Phifer looked like Charles Michael Davis. Kind of a weird, sexy, male version of a Russian nesting doll my brain created there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment