Friday, September 6, 2013

The MacBook & Spider Attack

I'm starting to think that most nights I have several dreams and only remember a few of them.  Last night was again a night of multiple dreams, of which I can remember one.

It is a sunny summer day, and I am lounging in a pool with family and friends.  I'm sitting in a pool floatie that is shaped (and colored) like a giant clam shell, with the top part shielding me from the sun.  My aunt hands me a present, and I'm overjoyed with the gift.  It is a white laptop with a disjointed monitor piece that you can angle and slide.  It is similar to an iPad in a stand with a bluetooth keyboard, but bigger.  I flip the screen down after playing with it for a bit, and it has the word MacBook stamped on the back.  For some reason, I find this discovery to be disappointing.

At a later point, I am in the water in the deep end of the pool.  I hear one of my cousins yell "Spider!" and turn my head to see the black sinister arachnid approaching my face.  It is moving across the top of the water with ease, and my crippling fear grows with every stride.  I try my best to propel myself backward through the water to escape the wrath of the horrifying, quarter-sized creature, but can't seem to get enough speed.  Just as it is at eye level, treacherously close to meeting my face, I swing out my arm in a last ditch attempt to perhaps splash the spider away....

And instead, I hit my night stand with the back of my hand, rattling everything on it.
I would have added a picture closely resembling my arachnid assailant, but I couldn't bring myself to google "spider."  I'm sorry, but the entomophobic can't rifle through spider pictures without having a severe case of the willies.

No comments:

Post a Comment