Friday, January 13, 2017

Storming Off

1-9-17

A group of us are in this giant theater bigger than any I've ever seen there are more screens than I can count and the experience is going to be similar to IMAX. The seats have full backs to them with speakers jutting out to the sides of where your ears will be. The stadium seating is so staggered that your feet are behind the prior row's headrests. It is fun but nothing has started yet. We are at our seats but many others are still just coming in. 

Nathan is seated to my left, but I'm standing. I'm indignant about something. Something is amiss, and I'm incredibly upset that he doesn't seem to give even the slightest hint of a care. I'd be making a scene, but no one is paying any attention to us. 

I ask him how he can not care. I'm in disbelief and terribly hurt. I convey to him that if he doesn't start giving a shit, I'm going to leave. He doesn't even look at me, but I can tell he is flippantly amused. He asks how I'm possibly going to leave without a car. My mind spins, somehow not having considered this incredibly obvious obstacle. It's that big of a deal to me, though, so I answer that I'll find a way. I storm off in the most dramatic way that I can muster.

The next thing I k ow, I'm at our hotel/Air B&B/lodging of some sort. It's a very spacious and open house with lots of shiny beige tile. I've gathered my things and am leaving. I don't know where I'm going or how I'm going to get there. I leave the house and enter an impossibly long corridor in which the walls are made of glass. Outside the corridor is nothing but endless ocean waters. There is no land as far as the eye can see. I start walking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment