Friday, January 20, 2017

Ent Adventures

1-18-17
I was some kind of adventurer, currently out on a quest with a giant sentient tree (much like a Tolkien Ent). He wasn't giant when we had started out and over all that time, we had grown quite fond of each other. I think our present quest was to locate and procure a certain rare flower. 


We were growing ever closer to our goal, and had recently arisen from camping for the night. We were in a terraced area, like a steppe farm for flower gardens, that was surrounded by dilapidated apartment buildings. The apartments were so old and crumbling that they had a n ancient beauty to them. The Ent turned to me and confided that he had a fatal condition, akin to a contagious, cancerous tree rot. A part of him had died from it already but he had contracted it again during our travels. I was both upset by his secrecy and devastated at the impending loss of a friend. He conveyed to me that these were his laser moments, but that I could find a sapling from his very bark here in these gardens. I made him promise that it was true as I slid down his trunk torso and down one weighty tree leg. He affirmed slowly and in the deep ent voice before he fell. 

His fall downed half of the flowers in the area and, due to the different staggered levels of gardens, he slid away and into a small valley. 

I called upon my other adventurer friends to begin a frantic search for the tiny sapling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment