Friday, September 13, 2013

Correctional Officer Prom Queen

I haven't posted in a bit because the same thing keeps happening.  I wake up, recount the dream to myself, and then fall back asleep.  When I wake up again, I can't remember the dream.  I don't know why it works that way.

Piper Chapman
Last night, I was Emily Thorne (Revenge) and Piper Chapman (Orange is the New Black) all at once.  One confusing blond character.  Rather than being incarcerated in a correctional facility, though, I was a correctional officer.  As a CO, I wore a light blew t-shirt and khakis in place of a uniform.



Emily Thorne
The only part I can recall clearly is being lined up at the end of a row of people.  We're standing in a gymnasium in front of a crowd on the bleachers.  A loud announcer's voice is calling out the winners of something.  One guy and one girl will win.  He calls the name Daniel Greyson (also from Revenge).  I look down the row several spots, make eye contact with Daniel, smiling and clapping for him.
Daniel Grayson

The next name they call is mine.  I'm flabbergasted, my eyes wide with panic.  I repeatedly point at my chest saying "Me?!" in disbelief.  Daniel starts walking my way so we can collect our reward.

Then I woke up with "Show Me The Meaning of Being Lonely" be the Backstreet Boys stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment